With thousands of people still out of power and millions of people affected by hurricane Sandy, many want to know what they can do to help. There are numerous opportunities for you to show your support for the victims of the storm, and even if you can’t provide first-hand help, there’s a lot you can do to provide assistance. ABC news has provided a list of links and contact information for charitable organizations that you can support. Here’s a brief summary.
- American Red Cross: Visit www.redcross.org, or call 800-Red-Cross. You can also text the word “Redcross” to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- New York Blood Center: www.nybloodcenter.org. Donate by calling 1-800-933-2566. If you live in the New York or New Jersey area you can also visit local blood center to donate blood.
- Salvation Army: www.salvationarmyusa.org. the Salvation Army will accept donations of money or materials.
Americans have a long and great tradition of helping their fellow citizens in times of need, especially natural disasters. The tragic aftermath of Hurricane Sandy will hopefully give us another opportunity to lend a helping hand to those in need.
- What is Proposition 19 and Why You Should Care (2 of 2) - January 11, 2021
- What is Proposition 19 and Why You Should Care (1 of 2) - January 11, 2021
- Is a DIY Will Valid? - January 7, 2021