So, you’ve been putting off the need to plan, right? Were you hoping to plan later in life, so that you could focus on what today has to offer? While your life may currently be busy and exciting, you need to take the time to make difficult decisions, so that you have control over your future affairs. If you neglect the need to plan, you will have no control.
Many people seem to think that estate planning is an option; however, if you care about anyone or you want to stay in control, estate planning is a necessity. Take a look at the following information, to learn more. If you have any questions, or if you’d like to begin your estate planning, consult with an experienced and qualified estate planning attorney.
Consider the following:
- Do you want to make sure that your loved ones are cared for after your death?
- Would you like to protect yourself during incapacity; or, do you want the court to take over your financial affairs?
- Do you want to choose who will help to handle your affairs after your death; or, do you want the court to decide who has access to your personal and financial information?
- Do you want to minimize the taxes that your estate will face?
- Are you looking to have fewer anxieties about the future?
- Would you like to choose how your property will be used during any period of incapacity and how it will be divided after your death; or, is it okay for the court and state law to make these determinations?
- Do you want to determine who raises your children if you can’t; or, is it okay for the court to decide?
You can stay in control and protect your loved ones with a comprehensive estate plan in place. If you have any questions, or if you’re ready to begin your estate planning, consult with an experienced and qualified estate planning attorney.
Latest posts by Timothy P. Murphy (see all)
- Do You Have to Go through Probate with a Living Trust? - August 23, 2019
- Top 3 Reasons to Create a Living Trust - August 21, 2019
- Can’t I Just Transfer My Assets to My Adult Child to Qualify for Medi-Cal? - August 19, 2019