When you’re young and healthy, the last thing you’re thinking about is buying long-term care insurance. However, there’s no better time than now to do just that. Once you realize what long-term care insurance coverage has to offer, you may find yourself shopping far and wide for the best policy.
There are two primary benefits of buying long-term care insurance when you’re young:
- A more affordable price: The younger and healthier you are, the less you’ll pay for long-term care insurance. As you age, you should expect to pay more for coverage. Not only is there a greater chance of requiring long-term care, but there’s also an increased risk of developing an illness that could one day lead to this.
- Peace of mind: It doesn’t matter if you’re old, young, or somewhere in between, peace of mind can go a long way in helping you live your best life. If you don’t have long-term care insurance, you’ll always have concerns about what would happen should you require it. For example, you’ll worry about how you’ll pay for long-term care without putting a financial strain on your family.
If all this sounds good to you, it’s time to compare long-term care insurance companies and policies. Doing so online allows you to complete the process in an efficient and productive manner. At the very least, you should have a shortlist of three to five long-term care insurance companies to consider. You can then secure quotes at multiple coverage levels to determine what you should purchase.
Do you have questions about long-term care planning? Contact our law firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced and qualified attorney. We can answer your questions about long-term care and help you plan for your future.
- Understanding and Manipulating Estate and Gift Taxes - May 31, 2023
- Estate Planning for Individuals with a Terminal Illness - May 18, 2023
- A Living Trust Allows for Estate Privacy - May 6, 2023